Friday, August 20, 2010

From Pennsylvania to the Fields of Oh-i-i-o!

August 2

And now for the exciting continuation of... Driving to Kentucky!


When Locksley and I got up this morning, we tried to think of new ways to have fun in the car. We would hit Kentucky around 5 o'clock, and then drive another couple of hours down to Louisville. So what to do? We made a list of things to do, jotting them down on some hotel pad paper (I love it when they leave paper for me!) and made a pact to do some far more interesting things.


So we went down to breakfast, which I didn't get a picture of. It was alright though, because as it happens, that was the most disgusting plates of scrambled eggs and some sort of overly salty sausage that I had ever eaten. Locklsey wouldn't touch it, but I was forced to eat it all up, and it was only after, I noticed that there were some (still warm) apple turnovers and danishes, which were promptly wisked away by the servers becasue breakfast was over. So much for the start to a great day.



Before we left, I stopped at the little girls room, and while I was waiting, began to talk with a girl from New York. She was interested to know where I had come from, and why there was a raccoon (actually, technically she called him a skunk) hanging on a strap on my belt loop. I explained that Locksley and I were road tripping with the family, and how we take a million pictures no one really wants to see and put them up on a blog that no one really wants to read, and how some of my travel partners (no names here... but you know who you are) were less than pleased to be treavelling with a raccoon, let alone being seen with me carrying one. She said that she had a stuffed dog hat used to go everywhere with her and asked if that was along the same idea. Before I had a chance to answer that, a stall opened up, and it was my turn.

We left the hotel after that, and started down the road. To my dismay, I realised that I had left behind the list of interesting things to do. Uh -Oh. So here's what we did on our trip:


Drove for a couple of hours.

Saw a river.



Saw another river with houses on it.


Stopped at a rest stop.

Watched a movie.

Stopped for lunch.

Made it to Ohio.


Stopped at a rest stop.

Saw a lot of fields.



Watched the sequel to the first movie.

Stopped at a rest stop.

Took a long nap.

Stopped at a rest stop.

Drove through Cinncinati .

Made it to Kentucky!



Saw a couple of funny signs.





(I swear I thought this had said Amish Gardens)

Watched another movie.

Stopped at a rest stop.

Watched out the window.

And then, FINALLY, we made it to Louisville! Well, we didn't actually make it to the center of Louisville, but we made it into the actual city limits. We had a quick dinner, unpacked, and sat in bed, glad the road trip was over. Here's Locklsey, checking out what we got for channels. I guess that's my hint to leave off this and relax. I wonder if they have a good PBS station??





Until tomorrow dear readers, we are yours always,


No comments: