Friday, August 27, 2010

Just Lost...

Wednesday, August 3



Today began an interesting day, exciting, and intensely boring all at the same time. We went out right after breakfast to explore Louisville and the surrounding areas where some of the farms we had come to look at would be.


Locksley and I weren't keen on this part of the trip, mainly because this isn't what we had for an idea of visiting a place. But we buckled into our seats, and headed out with the rest of the crew, hoping something exciting would happen. Well, It didn't. We drove, and drove, and drove. The only thing that was even intensely exciting was driving through Louisville itself. Here are a few pictures of what we saw:


A river boat (over the Ohio River)

I see the City!

I have absolutely no clue how this came out.

A water fountain... in the middle of the sidewalk.

The front of the Louisville Science Museum.


A chandelier.. and if you look close, a red penguin.

Muhammad Ali Blvd.



Oh no! My camera died!

Oh never mind... I turned it off. :) Here is Locksley ready for lunch.

After the ride through Louisville, we drove out into the countryside. Here is what we saw when we left the outskirts of the city :



Horse farms...

Another farm...

Tut tut, it looks like rain.

A field with hay bales... round ones.


I found a tree! do I win?



High Bridge, the tallest bridge over a navigable waterway in the US, and the tallest onto the early 20th century.

The sign about High Bridge.

Oh My! Look at the heat!

Oh my! Look at that sunset!

So we got nice and lost around Harrodsburg, all the fault of GPS Jill in the front seat, and took the really long way back around. I was not in love with nothing to see, but at the same time, it was quite beautiful to see so much open land, and farms around, and the lack of trees make the sunset actually viewable. For the most part though, even the getting lost was not as interesting as it could have been, but at least we were in air-conditioned quarters.

After we figured out where we were, we headed back to the hotel, and had a quick dinner, and hung out watching America's Got Talent, and Chasing Mummies with Zahi Hawass (one of my favorite shows). Locksley disappeared somewhere around that time, and I later found him on the floor near the fridge when I got up to serve some ice cream and brownie bites. I don't even want to know what he was doing, and I am still afraid to ask...

So it didn't end too badly, but a piece of advice to those who may follow in our tracks... don't ever, ever, trust GPS Jill to find you a path, because she will bring you an hour out of your way, to watch the farms, and the sunsets... :)

Until Tomorrow we are,



No comments: