Thursday, August 19, 2010

Of Suitcases and Facial Faces

Saturday,July 31

Packing is stressful. More so than I would ever have guessed. Then again, it is not just me I am packing for. I am also helping pack up for eight other people, and one crotchety raccoon.

What's to stay, what's to go? Are there enough clothes, enough luggage, enough room in the Flying Squirrel? How much is too much? Do we have room for souviners? For all my notebooks? For all the fun stuff to do on the trip? What fun stuff do we have to do on the car ride down? Is there enough? Is this going to be fun? Can I sit for eight hours straight? Can I do this??

The answer is... YES! I can! I can make this fun! So, I did. I made a game of organizing the stuff. I played pretend in my head (and sometimes out of it) about the adventures Locksley and I, and the rest of us, would have on this trip. I made a puzzle of helping get everything to fit in the small space, of getting everyone to fit. And I had a mostly god time doing it.

Today is the day before we leave. I think about the trip, how I'm not as happy about going to Kentucky as maybe I ought. I wonder if it will be any fun after all this work. And this sfternoon, I went upstairs to pack the last of the bathroom supplies up. And the sun shone on the mirror before me, showing a smiling face, painted by a little sibling with facial creams.

Yep, this trip is going to be good... :)



Peace!


No comments: